The Endurance Team
Find out everything you need to know!
The Endurance Team
The team is led by the team captains and all members of CrossFit Shropshire are able to join.
The program is led by Ironman, ultra runner and Coach Gray who is a member of the CrossFit Endurance HQ Seminar Staff and travels around the world teaching CrossFit Endurance Trainer Certifications.
Still got questions? Take a look at our FAQ’s to see if we can help.
- AMRAP: As Many Reps (sometimes Rounds)as Possible
- ATG: Ass to Grass
- BP: Bench press
- BS: Back squat
- BW: Body weight
- CFT: CrossFit Total - consisting of max squat, press, and deadlift.
- CLN: Clean
- C&J: Clean and jerk
- C2: Concept II rowing machine
- DL: Deadlift
- EMOM: Every Minute, On the Minute.
- FS: Front squat
- GHR: Glute ham raise. Posterior chain exercise, like a back extension. Also, the device that allows for the proper performance of a GHR.
- GHD Situp: Situp done on the GHR(D) bench.
- GM: Good Morning
- GPP: General physical preparedness, aka "fitness."
- GTG: Grease the Groove, a protocol of doing many sub-maximal sets of an exercise throughtout the day
- HSPU: Hand stand push up. Kick up into a handstand (use wall for balance, if needed) bend arms until nose touches floor and push back up.
- HSQ: Hang squat (clean or snatch). Start with bar "at the hang," about knee height. Initiate pull. As the bar rises drop into a full squat and catch the bar in the racked position. From there, rise to a standing position
- IF: Intermittent Fasting
- KB: Kettlebell
- KBS: Kettlebell Swings
- KTE: Knees to elbows. Similar to TTBs described below.
- MetCon: Metabolic Conditioning workout
- MP: Military press
- MU: Muscle ups. Hanging from rings you do a combination pull-up and dip so you end in an upright support.
- OHS: Overhead squat. Full-depth squat performed while arms are locked out in a wide grip press position above (and usually behind) the head.
- PB: Personal Best
- PC: Power clean
- Pd: Pood, weight measure for kettlebells
- PR: Personal record
- PP: Push press
- PSN: Power snatch
- PU: Pull-ups, possibly push ups depending on the context
- Rep: Repetition. One performance of an exercise.
- Rx, as Rx'd: As prescribed; as written. WOD done without any adjustments.
- RM: Repetition maximum. Your 1RM is your max lift for one rep. Your 10 RM is the most you can lift 10 times.
- SDHP: Sumo deadlift high pull (see exercise section)
- Set: A number of repetitions. e.g., 3 sets of 10 reps, often seen as 3x10, means do 10 reps, rest, repeat, rest, repeat.
- SPP: Specific physical preparednesss, aka skill training.
- SN: Snatch
- STT: Shoot To Thrill Cycle name. The numbers after mean: First number is the week number, the second is the day starting with Monday as 1.
- SQ: Squat
- Subbed: Substituted. The CORRECT use of "subbed," as in "substituted," is, "I subbed an exercise I can do for one I can't," For example,if you can't do HSPU, you subbed regular pushups.
- TGU: Turkish get-up
- TTB: Toes to bar. Hang from bar. Bending only at waist raise your toes to touch the bar, slowly lower them and repeat.
- UB: Unbroken. The reps must be done unbroken with no pauses or rest.
- WO, sometimes W/O: Workout
- WOD: Workout of the day
- YBF: You'll Be Fine (liberally applied in spray form)